How can we improve PocketSmith?

allow attachments to be added to transactions, such as receipts

I would like to be able to attach a copy of my tax invoice or receipt to the relevant transaction.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rowie78rowie78 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Jayson HoogeveenJayson Hoogeveen responded  · 

We now started working on adding this feature. You can see what we have planned on our Roadmap at http://psmth.to/z4.

Thanks to everyone that voted for this idea.

Initially this will be simple file uploader, that will allow you to upload files for a transaction, such as receipts or any other documents that are relevant to the transaction.

Once we have the file uploader implemented, we may look at integration with other services, such as Dropbox, Google Drive or Evernote if there is enough demand.

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony MarrianAnthony Marrian commented  · 

We use Xero for our business and I've been much taken with its ability to store PDFs of bills, receipts etc with the related transaction. Since Intuit stopped supporting Quicken in the UK, I've used GnuCash but I now want to move to a personal finance package that will store receipts digitally as I'm fed up with managing paper. As Xero recommends PocketSmith, I was hoping this facility would be part of the premium offering.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Have you looked at the Receipt Bank model? You can snap a photo and or email a receipt into one repository that automatically reconciles it to an account. All in very handy but something I would pay extra for.

• dbareisdbareis commented  · 

Hopefully on the phone we will be able to take the pictures and add cash/non cash transactions.

• Mark HardyMark Hardy commented  · 

I am currently reviewing cloud based personal financial management alternatives. Being able to scan a receipt with your mobile and upload it into Pocketsmith, have Pocketsmith OCR it, categorise it and append it to a transaction ...... or put it into draft mode for appending by the user would be great. ..... ie bank transactions like withdrawing $200 from the ATM could be split properly and have receipt verification attached. Also any business receipts could be "tagged" and reported on at Tax time or put into a business expense claim template by the user. This sort of functionality already exists in apps like Receiptbank - just depends on if Pocketsmith wants to integrate with 3rd party apps or reinvent the wheel. Will look forward to hearing more soon.

• MarcinMarcin commented  · 

Integration w/Evernote would be perfect.

• Ryan OsborneRyan Osborne commented  · 

Integration with OneDrive and ability to select a photo from the mobile app would be useful too

• DanDan commented  · 

Any update on whether this will become a feature soon? It's the only thing holding me back from purchasing. It's essential for tracking investments and being organized at tax time by saving tax deductible receipts

• BrandonBrandon commented  · 

Adding attachments to transactions is essential. I don't see myself attaching a receipt to every single transaction, but for large amount purchases or purchases in particular categories, this would be great. Please add!

• LindaLinda commented  · 

Using Xero with Hubdoc for my business...was hoping to find a similar solution here.

• BrettBrett commented  · 

This is a very useful feature in Xero

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please!! I assumed it had this feature when I subscribed :-)

• tamtam commented  · 

Yes - very necessary!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please...add the feature

• Michael DiamondMichael Diamond commented  · 

I've done a lot of research on similar tools. and they all seem just a little off the mark. Providing only part of the picture. Budgeting and bank feeds without being able to record invoices..

My ideal is to use this to help me budget and keep track of my spending for taxation and financial planing purposes..

Please add this, it's basically stopping me from buying your app.

then look at allowing people to link share accounts and add assets and liabilities.

• ashie136ashie136 commented  · 

this is so necessary! i purchased just assuming that this feature would be standard now days and am disappointed to find that it's not. pocketsmith may not be suitable for me without this!

• LauraLaura commented  · 

i'd like this too.

• hostmanhostman commented  · 

To stay competitive, you need to do this. All of us are trying to go paperless in our digital life. Please help us.

• bradburke65bradburke65 commented  · 

Add support for OneReciept maybe? That would take a lot of workload off you folks. I have been using it and it is fantastic. If I could merge you two together I would be sold for years to come!

• YanivYaniv commented  · 

Now I'm going to get into stretch goal territory but I'm sure there are 3rd party services for OCR (optical character recognition) that could digitize a receipt. Now that would be fantabulous! (2015/2016 feature?)

• YanivYaniv commented  · 

Uploading by email would be a horrible UI but uploading receipts to a transaction would be a huge plus. Especially relevant on mobile.

← Previous 1

PocketSmith Web

Feedback and Knowledge Base