How can we improve PocketSmith?

Have accounts in multiple currencies

I'm currently living in India, but my bank accounts are all still in Australian Dollars.

I'd like to start a cash account to track my spending here (I'm finding it harder to keep track of), but I can't have multiple currencies.

152 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AngeAnge shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    beta  ·  Jayson HoogeveenJayson Hoogeveen responded  · 

We have just released an update to the graphs, so that they now convert all currencies to the base currency of your PocketSmith account. Read more at http://psmth.to/5p.

We are still working on the other planned multi-currency features, so that we have full support for multi-currencies shortly.

You can find out about the current state of multi-currency in PocketSmith at http://psmth.to/qP.

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • carozacaroza commented  · 

Any news on this? I've just signed up and from looking at the forum this doesn't seem to have been updated since at least 2015. I have accounts in ZAR and GBP with an exchange rate of around 17 so this is making the budget feature unusable.

• Peter MontagnerPeter Montagner commented  · 

Is there any update on this? The multi-currency support still seems pretty broken. My two currencies are Japanese yen and Australian dollars, which makes the bugs horribly obvious (due to the ~85 ratio).

I added approximately 30,000 JPY of expenses to a category shared with AUD expenses. It now says i'm like $29,000 over budget on that category. When the amount added is the equivalent of ~350 AUD.

Basically, you currently need to create a parallel set of categories for each currency, yes? You have to keep the currencies absolutely segregated? And you can't do any budgeting of the secondary currency at all (because it won't let you set the currency)? This is quite frustrating.

I do like your service... but you're being a bit disingenuous by advertising this as a working feature as you do here:

https://pocketsmith.com/tour/multi-currency

• ErikErik commented  · 

Coming up to 11 months since last update on this. Are you still planning "full support for multi-currencies shortly"? Budgeting in multiple currencies needed especially.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So I am confused... can I add my US bank account and then manually add my Chilean bank account in pesos?? If I manually add the transactions they're showing up as dollars... Please help.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I agree with other people...any update about this?

• PetePete commented  · 

Any updates from PocketSmith?

• PetePete commented  · 

Another frustrated expat here - looking for something simple to replace my complicated spreadsheets and PocketSmith was looking good but pleased I read this before getting an account. We need accounts in GBP, RMB and HKD and without that ability PocketSmith just won't work for us! Would be good to get a more recent update on this feature from PocketSmith...

• BenoitBenoit commented  · 

Same here. Multi-currency is a must have. After looking at many accounting softwares, this one seems the clearest with great charts and graphs for budget and forecasting views. Too bad. Looks like you started looking into it two years ago. Any ETA ?

• DommizDommiz commented  · 

Lucky I read this thread before signing up for the service (which I was within 2 minutes of doing). Multiple currencies are essential for me, as for many others. Looking at the responses here, I would guess that the kind of people looking to spend money on a service like this are also the same people who have fairly complex financial affairs, such as expats with multiple currency accounts. So the lack of this feature probably chops out a good chunk of Pocketsmith's market.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Crap! I just switched from free to paid and cant believe their is no Foreign Currency option. I will be cancelling at the end of the first month. Whats worse is the original question was asked in Aug 2011 and its now 3 years later and its still not addressed.
        What a let down.

• Graham ProudGraham Proud commented  · 

Time for an update I think!

By the way, the link to the launch of calendar-account-balance-linking (http://psmth.to/l) gives me a 404 Not Found error.

Thanks
        Graham

• ElisabethElisabeth commented  · 

Dangit! Was so hoping this NZ-based company would be our solution and we're even willing to pay for it, but we need US and NZ currencies :( Any ETA, guys???

• Manuel DiazManuel Diaz commented  · 

Same issue here. Too bad, after months of trying services, Pocketsmith was the winner for me, but I really need support for 2 different currencies, so I'm gonna have to pass. Too bad indeed

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any updates on this?

At the moment it allows me to select the currency but when I go to the dashboard it just sums all the amounts together without converting them which of course gives you a wrong picture of your finances.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I've just started using pocketsmith and was considering upgrading from a free account after being blown away by how nice the calendar and forcast/budget implementation is.

However, without being able to have accounts in different currencies I will have to go back to my calendar excel spreadsheet. Even just the most basic feature of having 2 different balances rather than combining them would be great.

Sorry guys

• leonieleonie commented  · 

Is it possible to get an ETA on this? It's been a year since a response was provided.

We have accounts in NZ and the UK and, whilst I can specify that one is in UK £'s the amounts show in pocketsmith as $'s. This makes categorisation of UK spending impossible.

• michaelmichael commented  · 

I've raised this with support, will update my comment once I hear back from the team.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Do you have any news on this? As long as transactions in multiple currencies are not possible, PocketSmith is no use whatsoever to me.

• DavidDavid commented  · 

I need this as well. I'm about to move the family books to Xero professional and just deal with using a full business accounting system, just to get multiple currency support.

This doesn't have to be that complicated at first. I would be happy with the simplest implementation of that at first.

← Previous 1

PocketSmith Web

Feedback and Knowledge Base